From:
debi sadowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Apr 2012 09:36:26 -0700
Yesterday evening I received a call at home from a gentleman named
Casper from Clifton, NJ. He stated he received my phone number from
Sally Heber from AFA. He is looking to buy a kit or two in June or
July.

I recognized the voice and asked him name to make sure I had the right
person. Breeders & rescues head this as a warning. Casper used to be
and may still be a back yard breeder in NJ. He used to keep his ferrets
outside and only ever gave 1 distemper shot and told me he still only
gives one distemper shot even if that. Didn't and still doesn't really
believes in vet care.

I met Casper at the North West Jersey Ferret Club show in Parsippany,
NJ in 1998. He snuck one of his ferrets into the show because he had
no shot records and left the other ferret in his car in the 90* heat.,
he was asked to leave the property. I remember him because of how he
looked/smelled, how nasty and dirty his hob was and of course his name.

I contact Sally Heber and asked if she referred him to me, she e-mailed
back saying NO. If someone says they were referred to you by another
party, contact that party and ask them. When ever I refer someone to a
breeder or rescue, I either call or send an e-mail to give them a heads
up. I also do a minor screening before the referral as well.

Debi Sadowski
Fuzzy Loving Ferrets