From:
"Ferret Aid Society..." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 10:58:21 -0400
I know that Lloraine posts here, and she may be able to clear up some things
for us.  I received a copy of an article in the mail today about a shelter
in Montreal Quebec (Furet Mon Ami) that has been forced to close it's doors
because of zoning laws.  Is this true?  She owes over $500 in fines and has
been quoted saying " I have no more energy to keep up the struggle" She has
supposedly closed down!  We as ferret people can not afford for this to
happen to one of our few Canadian shelters.  Lloraine, is there ANYTHING we
can do to help?  The lady that operates the shelter's name is Jeannine
Dugand.  Lloraine, please find out what we can do for her.  I can't afford
to send her any money (my shelter is poor too) but I am sure someone else
out there may be able to.  Let us know.  If she needs any help with her
fuzzies, call me!!

On another note; Harley will go in for surgery today.  He will have his eye
removed along with a huge tumor behind it.  I really hope that I am doing
the right thing for him.  I will be on pins & needles until I hear about
him.

A nervous shelter mom,, Randy :-o