From:
debi sadowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 2010 14:05:29 -0800
Marlene, Danee made a good point yesterday about not taking in more
than you can care for. I'm sorry but I do have to agree with this as I
have been there. After we had gotten ourselves up to 140-145 ferrets
when I first started my rescue 11yrs ago I promised I woud never do
that again. Why? Because we couldn't give all the kids the right amount
of attention, and if some needed surgery or were sick, we had to decide
which ones were more in need. Then and there I decided that we did need
to say no if I felt any of the ferrets in my care would suffer if I
brought more into my rescue. I have to think of the present kids needs
first, period. Unlike many rescues ot there, I have no helpers other
than the guy I'm married to and I have no foster homes to help me out,
it's just me and him.

Robin, Once again you jumped the gun and ASSUMED someone was talking
about or solely about you. I just went back and re-read Marlene's post.
Not once did she mention you or any specific rescue. She did state
however that there were rescues closer THAN her's to the Arlington
Animal Welfare but again she was called to get these kids. Please get
off your high horse and leave yourself open for what you call attacks.
For all you knew it could have been other rescues other than yourself
(and probably was) Marlene was taking about. You did this last year
with one of Alicia's posts. I'm not one of Marlene's board people nor
am I one of her foster moms. I'm just someone who knows her by her
reputation (a good one) and we have e-mailed and spoken on the phone
a few times.

I have a suggestion, unless you are named by name, maybe you should
stop assuming that when a rescue is mentioned about in your area that
you are the one being talked about. You brought any flames on yourself
by over reacting and not thinking first. Hope your are enjoying your
weekend.

Debi