From:
christa brock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:34:52 -0800
What a great question as it prompts me to remember my angels right at the
holidays!

Our first two, Holly & Michael, were given to us by a teen who no longer
had time for them.  We fell in love instantly.

Rocky was given to us by my hubby's fishing partner & later became my own
personal baby.  Sno came from a pet store but I consider her a rescue b/c
she was nine months old & a SEVERE biter.  We lost her in June at the age
of eight.

Next was Lucy.  Our neighbor's daughter owned her, they built a new
house, no animals in the new house, etc..... Lucky for us they gave her
to us, although her & Sno could never get along & Lucy being an only
fert was housed in her own cage.  All these babies are my angels at the
Bridge.

Pooh.... my daughter's adrenal boy.  He'll be five in February.  I got
him for her from a pet store for her birthday.  Couldn't resist!

Lexus & Maggie are our sisters.  They were left at a pet store.

Anna-Belle was another "I couldn't resist gift for my daughter."
"Bella" & Pooh are the joys of her life.

Princess is an older fert abandoned at the pet store.

Scarlett, my precious miracle baby, I consider a rescue even though she
came from a pet store.  Got her & took her to our vet where I was told
she was only about five weeks old.  She would have died b/c she couldn't
eat the dried kibble she was being fed.  She slept with me & I hand fed
her for weeks.

Blaise, another pet store rescue.  (Why do they seem to end up there?)

And Aiden, our happy boy!  Given to us by a college student who couldn't
afford the pet deposit when he had to move to a new apartment.

So, that's our eight ferts we have now.

Christa & the Crazy Eight

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions perhaps it is because
he hears a different drummer.  Let him step to the music he hears,
however measured or far away."  Henry David Thoreau