From:
"Sandy E. Schieman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Mar 1996 19:58:25 EST
Wow!  I had no idea that my grouchy letter about the term SO would create
such a response.  I was truly amazed that BIG let it be posted on the FML.
I sent it here in the full expectation that it would be rejected.  I'm glad
it wasn't though because It let me hear from some friends I didn't even know
I had.

I really don't think that the FML is the proper place to discuss an old
man's dislike of certain terms and phrases.  I really appreciate all of your
private letters expressing support for my grumpy views on the subject.
Let's keep them that - private.  Let's not clutter up the FML with views and
opinions that have nothing to do with ferrets.  I welcome further discussion
of the matter in private or on the PML.  I don't want to make BIG's job any
harder than it already is.  Many times in the past, I have felt that he
would surely reject something I had written, and rightly so.  I do tend to
carry on sometimes and get out of hand with my own view of how things should
be.  Thank you, BIG, for putting up with the ramblings of an old man.

One more thing before I sign off.  (You knew I'd do that, didn't you?)
Significant Otter??  Fantastic.  I love it!  Maybe we should get together
sometime and talk about 'otter' things.  Sweetie Pie??  There you go.  That
sums up what I was trying to say.  Let's love each other and not be ashamed
to do so.

Paw Paw
SO -Seriously OLD