From:
Purple Cow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 19:25:01 -0400
I have a rather serious question.  A situation has recently arose that is
forcing me to be out of my apartment and in another city away from my
husband and ferret.  I know people have talked before about how stressful
it can be to a ferret to change owners so I'm wondering how seriously this
might affect my little boy.  I've been gone since Sunday afternoon and my
husband said there is already a change in his behavior.  He still runs
around the house and looks at stuff but he doesn't play as much or dance or
dook.  I'm hoping that I'll be able to have a brief visit with him soon but
it's not definite.  My husband has been giving him extra attention and I'm
wondering will that be enough?  Are there other things that can be done to
keep him from getting depressed?  Or will he adjust given enough time?  My
husband also said he's afraid that Gabby will forget me.  Is it possible
for a ferret to forget someone?  And if so what sort of time frame does it
usually occur over?  Days?  Weeks?  Months?  Any information that anyone
can give me would be greatly appreciated.

~Liz~
ICQ#24420186

http://members.home.net/purplecow/liz.html