From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 17:20:09 -0400
        From:    [log in to unmask]
        Subject: FML updates for Chere and Jackie
        Date:    September 29, 2004 5:01:35 PM EDT
        To:      [log in to unmask]

Sukie,

I'm sure Steve has filled you in by now, my e-mails to the FML are not
going through for some reason, and I'm hoping you could post this update
for me:

Jackie spent a frightening night as Jeanne paid a visit, listening to
trees crash down around her.  Her power was off, but to conserve fuel she
didn't want to start the rented generator until the morning when it began
to get too warm for the ferrets.  Her power came back on just as she was
thinking it was time to get the genny started.  Jackie had a tree fall on
the storage shed in her backyard that contained many of her spare cages
and other supplies.  She has a lot of really big branches down in the
yard, and a broken window.  For right now, please do not send her cages
or carriers!  She doesn't know how many were damaged or can be salvaged,
and has no where to keep them anyhow.  I'll update on that at a later
date.  You can see photo's of the damage at her place here:
http://www.photoisland.com/servlet/GuestLogin?USERNAME=dooknook
If that doesn't work, go to www.photoisland.com, and log in to her
albums with the following information:

Log-in ID: dooknook
Guest Password: damage

Jackie still has a hole in her roof from Frances, which is now worse, and
the FEMA/ACoE people aren't working on her county yet.  There is water
coming into the house when it rains.  I overnighted a tarp, some wood,
and some nails to her, and her neighbors have agreed to put it up for
her.  That should be done before you read this.  She's got a mold problem
starting, covering the hole should help mitigate it, but until her roof
is fully sealed it's not going to totally stop it from getting worse.

If you are in the area and have a chainsaw, Jackie has a lot of branches
and trees that need to be cut up and stacked out front.  Otherwise she'll
have to pay someone to do this for her, likely $150-200.  Jackie is set
for ferret food at this moment, but needs other supplies such as bleach,
laundry detergent and paper towels.  So she's requesting that you either
donate cash or Wal-Mart gift certificates if you want to help.  She
didn't ask, but I'm sure a prepaid long distance card would help her out
as well.

Jackie Hawley
The Dook Nook
4599 Palmer Ave