Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 13:52:25 -0500
I have never vaccinated my ferrets for distemper, only rabies, but i want
to take them to a ferret event, so they have an appointment to get their
distemper shots on Wednesday.  My question is, what do I look for for
signs of a reaction, and how long can it take for them to have a reaction?
I am going to administer Benadryl before they go, and I am planning on
spending an hour waiting at the vet after the vaccine.  Amber reacted
slightly to her rabies shot the last time with a little dry heaving about
10 hours after the shot, but she was fine after that.  I just want to know
what to look for and for how long.  I'm figuring 24 hours, but I wasn't
sure if it should be even longer than that or not.  Any input would be
greatly appreciated.

Kelly White
Southampton, Massachusetts with
Amber and Jenna, the weasels
and T.J., Natasha, Belle, Smokey, and Parker, the kitties
and Tim, the husband