From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Sep 2009 21:07:31 -0400
I know many ferret people are also fans of the similarly-shaped but
unrelated meerkats. Many of us enjoyed the Animal Planet series
"Meerkat Manor," which ran for four seasons from 2005-2008.

Animal Planet put the show on hiatus, and it is now apparent they have
no plans to film more shows. A petition has been started to encourage
network executives to bring back the show.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/19/Bring-Back-Meerkat-Manor

"A dedicated (obsessed!) group of meerkat lovers has generated a
petition to bring back Meerkat Manor. Meerkat Manor was a serial
docudrama featuring meerkats--diminutive creatures that strive to
survive in the harsh environment of the Kalahari Desert in Southern
Africa. Their groups have a complex social structure, resembling that
of humans with all our idiosyncrasies, joys, and tragedies. Their
social behavior is so endearing to watch that, once hooked, it's hard
to not want to see more of them."

Please consider taking a minute or two to sign the petition and pass
the word on. Thanks!

Linda