From:
"Mobley, S. Sue" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 2003 21:40:38 -0500
I am new to the Ferret-L Digest.  My good friend, Frankie Dishman, told
me about it and encouraged me to sign up about three weeks ago.  I have
read the messages on the digest everyday with extreme interest.  I have
never seen such a group of supportive and wonderful people reaching out
helping one another..  ferrets truly have more of an impact on our lives
than we could ever have imagined before we get one, two, three, and then
so on - they, the ferrets, are what brings this group of supportive folks
together with such a common ground and interest..  I have just been in
awe!!

Just this past Sunday, I called my friend, Frankie, in a panic because
my precious Newby got sick very quickly and was having a hard time
breathing..  she came running.  We have an awesome ferret vet that is
about an hour away; however, she does not have emergency hours, which
is too bad for us.  I finally decided to rush Newby to one of the
veterinarian hospital's here in Norman that does have emergency service -
that is sort of like playing "Case Sa Ra Sa Ra" to see who you might get.
The emergency vet said that Newby had had a heart attack and wasn't going
to make it and suggested that I have him put him down..  I asked for
medicine to help him and I chose to bring him back home because my
intention was to take off early the next day for my ferret vet who is an
hour away..  I was just sure with my tender love and care, I could keep
him going until the next morning.  That didn't happen - he took off for
the Rainbow Bridge in my arms about 1:00 a.m.  I have been devastated..
and what did my friend Frankie do - she sent the following post to the
Digest "Hello Sandee, Would you be on the look out for Newbe, He left for
the Rainbow Bridge today, The emergency vet said he had a heart attack,
anyways, Newbe was my best friends baby and she misses him a lot.  He was
a beautiful healthy looking ferret, white with some dark markings, when
he gets there tell him to look for Sherman-Diddle and to take care until
we can come home too and cross the Big Bridge together." How thoughtful -
her having done that touched me so deeply..  and then folks that read her
message began sending her notes of condolence and Fuzzie Postcards about
Newby which she forwarded to me..  this has just taken my breath away the
way people who read these posts reach out to one another..  You guys are
truly special people..  Thank you from the bottom of my heart..  May God
bless you all..

I now really understand the saying "a dog or cat steals your heart, but a
ferret steals your soul.  They truly do!!

Sue
and the Mobley bunch: Ricky, Jamocha, and Darla
Meeting Newby at the bridge: Hootie Toot, Mojo, and McGuinn