From:
sukie crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Apr 2005 16:06:20 -0400
Whizbang chews on velcro.  It has never hurt her which is great because
she can find it anywhere no matter how much we rearrange.  Talk about a
way to keep clean teeth, though!  I think that someone needs to figure
out a digestible thing that feels like velcro which can be put in spikes
on play balls or jiggle mousies!

Hubble is chunky but he can make straight leaps of 4' meaning that we
have a lot fewer parsley plants than we used to have.

Morney echoes 'Chopper the Organic Helicopter in the way she likes
dropping things on other ferrets.  Unlike 'Chopper she likes them to be
big and heavy.  Now you know why so many things on one dresser here have
string tying them in place!

Hjalmar was my hairdresser.  He would love it when I laid on my back on
the floor and then he would meticulously rearrange my hair, going on and
on from one section to the next until it met his approval.  Afterward I
looked like a dust devil had taken up residence on my noggin.

Hjalmar also tried belly dancing -- but only once.  Back when my life
had more dance and less belly he was watching me while Steve held him
vertical and then Hjalmar decided that he just HAD to try what Mom was
doing.

Meltdown cared for Hjalmar when he was in his final illness.  He had a
tendency to crash badly.  If he was especially glitchy I'd stay up and
then Steve would wake early, but if he seemed pretty stable he and
Meltdown would be together.  She would stay up and keep an eye on him,
screaming for us if he got into trouble.  Boy, would she crash the next
day.

Meltdown also figured out zippers.  She was so pleased with her new skill
that we had to stop having houseguests except for those who understood
for a while because she took to opening every zipper she found, including
people's pant's flies.

Fritter found a new use for those bottle cover caps which were (still
are?) on top of non-alcoholic wine bottles to make them look like they
had corks.  She would settle herself above one and carefully defecate
into the opening, leaving us with turd in a cup to toss away.

Jumpstart's favorite "balls" were tangerines.