From:
"Andrew W.Gould" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 May 1997 00:23:52 +1000
I was not trying to imply that ferrets were an exclusive pet.  It was that
My FEELING from reading posts that many people only had ferrets.  I am sure
that there are just as many people with multiple species household who love
their ferrets just as much.

I agree that comparing a cat or dogs potential damage compared to a ferret(a
lot smaller) does give a true indication of their lack of dangerousness to
rational people.  However many people either unknowing or anti-ferret paint
any bite as a huge and savage attack.  I should state that what I am looking
for is a way to explain the statistic to the UNrational/biased
people(longshot I know).

I think the problem is that people expect all animal interactions be it
child & animal or between species to always exist peacefully with no
supervision.  I realize their are exceptions but I think the old stand by
with any animal/child, animal/animal supervision is always necessary would
prevent a lot of heartache.

I am also looking for the origin of a file I have by Pam Grant called "What
is your ferret eating" I have lost the book mark and would like to refer
someone else to this work.  Any clues??

Bethany and the many fuzzies