Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 08:16:15 -0500
It is with a broken heart that I must inform you all my poor tired and
broken Bandit the one with the seizures due to his insulinoma has passed on
today..but not after doing something I pray no one here from this list ever
has to see and go thru..Bandit was having seizures since last Tuesday I
asked my vet what I could do for Bandi since the seizures lasted over 4
hours before he was aware and awake..and he told me nothing just to sit and
wait it out..Well at 9pm last nite when I went to make sure bandit had his
meds I found Bandit in a seizure.  I then placed him in his carrier and
gave him some karo syrup and rubbed it on his gums but he did not come out
of it..  At 11:30pm he had a convulsion and screamed so loud everyone woke
up and saw him convulsing and since our vet told us there was nothing we
could do we waited.  He kept doing this ever few minutes and by that time
my heart already knew he would not be ever comming out of this seizure..
At 1am he convulsed and screamed and then died..slowly ..

Right now I need any vet who is on this list to email me privately and tell
me if there really was nothing I could have done to make Bandit come out of
his seizures..I cannot rest knowing I might have but my vet either didnt
know or did not feel I was capable of learning how to give him an injection
to make him stop having convulsions..  I really need to know even though my
Bandit has passed on..

I want to tell the people who did email me priavately and on here my hard
drive died yesterday and I lost every single email with all of your email
addresses on it and am using my significant others computer so I would like
to tell each and every one of my extended FML family I appreaciated all of
your support and info you all sent me and please email me again so that I
can save all of your addresses on this old computer ..

Right now all I can feel is my heart being broken and this empty feeling
deep inside..Sandy if you read this please make sure that Bandit has his t
shirt that he loved and is sleeping in it when he gets to the rainbow
bridge..

My prayers are with all of the ill ferrets and the ones who have just
crossed over..Though they are gone a piece of them remains embedded in our
hearts..

Thank all of you for your love and support during this whole entire
episode.

Please hug all of your ferrets for me,

Michele and Bandit even though he isnt with me a part of him is inside of
my heart forever until we can meet again...