From:
April Armstrong Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 10:53:02 -0400
>Far too often, a snake that wasn't hungry or on the ball for eating
>ends up biten, missing an eye or even killed by the live prey left in
>with it.

You know, I can personally attest to this-in the vet clinic where I work,
we've had more than one snake come in having been attacked, sometimes to
the point of losing a good chunk of their tails, etc., by a mouse put in
with it as food; the snake just wasn't hungry, and for some reason,
didn't put up much of a fight.  I think if one wants to feed live prey
to snakes anyway, it's probably advisable to supervise; if they were in
"the wild", they wouldn't be trapped in a tank with a mouse... Ferrets
are another story...

FYI!

-April AC