From:
Chuck Henderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 1996 14:06:44 -0600
Hi everyone!  This is my first post to the FML although I have been lurking
around for about 5-6 months.  I am a senior biological science major in
Quincy, Il., and my BF and I are owned by two little fuzzbutts.  Loki, my
oldest will be celebrating her first birthday next week :) and Kitiara (Kit
for short) is 10 and 1/2 months.  They are both MF female, siamese sables.
They have the darker legs and "zippers" down their bellies.

Kit and Loki had a real treat about fifteen minutes ago.  I ventured out
into the cold and filled a cardboard box with fluffy snow that Tater must
have sent special this morning.  I piled the white stuff into the back of
the bathtub and tossed in a couple of fuzziemonsters.  BBBbbbbrrrrrr!!!!
This is cold!  No, wait!  Sniff, sniff, snuffle.  It's kinda fun.  Dig,dig,
snuffle, tunnel.  Cool!!!  I took them out after a few minutes 'cause they
were starting to shiver, but lo and behold, they proceeded to jump right
back in!  They have seen snow before, but I guess they thought it was more
fun in their own bathtub :)

As for the cost of ferrets here in Illinois, it varies due to competition
among the pet stores (we have yet to find a breeder in Illinois).  Mine were
$125 each.  Our babies came from a pet store in Quincy called Pets
Unlimited.  Jim, the owner, is a good friend and he is very knowledgeable
about the fuzzies.  He owns one himself!  Unfortunately, it is state law
here to keep small animals including ferrets in pine shavings.  I have
approached the pet stores that have had ferrets about this matter and they
say that it is the health department's regulation.  If anyone knows how to
change this please contact me or post here.  BTW my friend Jim had a kit
stolen from his store because they used to keep the kits out so that people
could handle them and decide which one to purchase.  Since then he keeps
them in a ferret cage (without shavings) in one of the viewing rooms.

Anyway, the FML is great!  The vets and all of the rest are wonderful.
Remember to ignore the nasties and keep on postin'!

Tricia Grebner, Chuck (bf),
Loki (That white stuff is cool Mom, but it's hard to drink!  Can I have
      MORE toys????)
and Kit (Neato!  I can stick my head in it just like the water bowl!
         C'mere so I can bite ya now!)