From:
"Houle Marion (NHQ-AC)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Dec 1999 12:22:44 -0500
As I don't know who was involved in the transporting of Critter from
Hastings, Nebraska to Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, I wanted to send out a huge
thank you to everyone who was involved in the transportation, volunteering
and organzing.
Critter is now safe and sound in her new permanent home. I got home around
10:30 last night from Toronto, put her in her enclosure with some tubes and
toys and she played and played. She was still making noise around 3:00 am!
Boy, is she beautiful! And very very soft and pudgy!! I love it! My other
little girl is about half her size!!

She has yet to bite me really hard, and I have to admit I am not looking
forward to it, but am well prepared when it will happen.
If you were one of the volunteers, and don't mind, could you please email me
privately.  I would like to be able to thank each of you individually for
all your wonderful hard work.  Also, if anyone has any questions about the
transport, or Critter herself, you can also email me.

I have been telling friends and colleagues how Critter made it from Nebraska
to me, here in Ottawa, and they are amazed.  As I have been reading the FML
for over three years now, I am not amazed at the sheer volume of wonderful
people that I have read about and corresponded with in the ferret community
- I read wonderful posts all the time about people going out of their way to
help others in need.  But, I think this is something that needs to be said.
I believe that the ferret community is very unique, and extraordinarily
special.  I also have cats and have other friends with a variety of animals,
and nowhere else have I ever heard of or read anywhere about the compassion,
caring, love and dedication that comes from the heart of so many people than
on the FML.

So, for all you ferret owners, lovers, volunteers and just plain
ferret-crazy people, give yourself a wonderful pat on the back, and sit
back and know that if you ever needed help from anyone on the FML, all you
have to do is ask.  There is a wealth of knowledge and a host of helpful
people in this world of ours, and this digest has enabled us to have this
at our fingertips.  I hope everyone is doing well, and that fuzzies are
dooking and war dancing and driving their owners crazy.  I wish everyone
safe and happy holidays.

Marion