From:
Jonathan Wharton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 1996 03:24:18 GMT
Hi there:

We live in Calgary, Alberta and are looking for someone in the area who
might be able to help.

We adopted a 2 1/2 year old female silvermitt about two weeks ago.  She is
a real little cutie but she has trouble getting along with our other ferret,
Scout, another female.  My husband and I were at the point where we decided
that we had to either take her back to the humane society or accept the fact
that we couldn't keep our ferrets together.

Meanwhile, we were having the Silvermitt treated for ear mites and took her
in to the vet today for her second shot.  I thought she was losing weight
and asked them to check.  Sure enough she has lost 25% of her body weight in
the last two weeks.  Not good.  We are pretty sure she has eaten somthing
she shouldn't have i.e. rubber, which she likes.  She is at the vet tonight
and tomorow will have an X-ray to confirm what is wrong.  The thing is that
we are unable to keep her with our other ferret and just don't have the time
to deal with ferrets on shifts.  We are also unable to pay the approximately
$250 to have her operated on.  Is there anyone out there who is willing to
adopt a sweet little silvermitt, who seems to get along fine with males by
the way, but probably is going to need that surgery.

I wanted to get this message out there as soon as possible because I am sure
you understand the immediacy of this situation.  We will either have to have
her put to sleep or send her to the SPCA where she will probably also be put
to sleep.  I don't know that anyone would adopt her knowing how sick she is.

If you can help please E-mail me ASAP.  We only have a day or two to decide
what to do.

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Tracy