From:
Holly Gorrell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jan 2006 21:26:39 -0500
Since there have been a lot of posts about ferrety songs, I decided to
share a bit of my own silliness with everyone.

I'm always singing to my ferrets.  I'll make up new words to already
existing songs to match whatever is going on at the time.  Last night I
decided my babies had built up too much dander.  So to decrease it, I rub
them down with distilled water, instead of a full bath.  They seem to
tolerate it better, and it doesn't dry out their skin as much, but makes
a big difference as far as allergens go.  I started singing, "It's ferret
torture time," (to the tune of the old Howdy Doody theme).  The really
funny thing was the moment I started singing, they started running away
from me, as if they could understand what I was saying.  I hadn't even
grabbed the washcloth yet, so there was no way they could know what I
was about to do.

Maybe they just don't like my singing, (everybody's a critic).  Better
not quit my day job, huh!

Holly,
Icarus & Cato