Date:
Sun, 10 Dec 2000 01:02:05 EST
Picked up two little girls today... both have obvious adrenal symptoms
(balding, brittle hair, thin skin...) and one has a "sore" on her side,
just behind her right front leg.  I'm guessing their ages at somewhere
around 4-5 years old.

I've put a couple pics of the sore on my website - URL listed below.  It
doesn't look like a "typical" mast cell tumor... my son thinks it looks
possibly like the aftereffect of a brown recluse bite.  It's open, "weepy"
and has a sweetish-necrotic odor to it.  It doesn't seem to be attached to
bone or any major muscle mass underneath the skin.  According to the folks
who rescued these girls from A/C, it started out as a small flat sore (at
the time they were rescued), and grew quickly into the lump it is now.  I'm
not sure of the exact time frame.

Any suggestions I can toss at my vet on Monday?  This has to be properly
treated ASAP.

http://www.geocities.com/whynotferrets/sore.html

Thanks for any insight!

Carla Smith  <><
WhyNot? Ferrets
http://www.whynotferrets.com
ICQ:  29478475
member, Rio Grande Domestic Ferret Club, El Paso, TX
"Every pet deserves to be loved, and to have someone cry over them when
they're gone."