From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 20:07:20 -0500
More on Program.

Yes it can be used to treat ringworm infections.  There was a recent
article in JAVMA about it.  At a higher dose than is used for flea control,
it inhibits the chitin in the cell wall of (the ringworm) fungus.  It
is much easier than using daily tablets for 4-6 weeks.  We have used it
on some kittens, but not for ferrets yet.  Program does not prevent
heartworms; however, program is one of the ingredients of Sentinel.
Sentinel is Program and Interceptor combined.  Sentinel and Interceptor
both are heartworm preventatives, but Program is not.  Program is not
labeled for ear mites, nor have I heard of it working on ear mites or
skin mites.

Jerry Murray, DVM