From:
Alicia K Drakiotes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 19:56:40 -0500
In regard to your post on your MF gal-- how old is she???

It may well be if over 2 yrs of age that she is displaying symptoms of
adrenal disease.  Don't get me wrong we have seen this here and even at
younger ages.  Not sure if the MF has anything to do with it-- that is just
all we have had here and all seem to have had this same condition(s) (the
females that is).

An already altered female ferret SHOULD NOT be displaying hormonal sypmtoms
or indicators -- of being in estrus.  Both the enlargement of the vulva and
the enlargement of the mammories ( teats) are just that.  Please confer with
your veterinarian.

fondly in ferrets,
alicia
a shelter mom