From:
reanee gladden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2007 21:53:15 +0000
Well,............ I would invite this woman to come and visit.

Maybe there was a reason she didn't come home for 20 days............
Maybe she was in a situation she could not take her animals with her.
Maybe she was trying to get her life in some kind of order. Maybe this
is not her fault. She has a least e-mailed and checked up on them.

I don't know if you have a surrender form. I would at least imply there
was a bording charge. If you don't have one in your surrender form,
then you should amend it so that there is. In case some one changes
their minds after a surrender.

This woman must love the ferrets or she wouldn't want them back. If
they are high needs then she has you to help guide her through what is
needed. If you have a surrender form, then charge her an adoption fee
if she doens't want to pay for boarding and care.

If she doesn't have any money, then you have to decide what is the best
thing for all conserned, mainly the ferrets.

I know how attached you get to these kids that come in. It is hard to
let go. I know, I have done it. It was one of the hardest things to
ever do when I started my Rescue. I learned that no, no one can love
the ferrets the way I do, but they can love them just as much as I do.
I would check into what this woman's situation is now.
 When my group of 5 came in after the husbands death, the wife wasn't
sure if she could handle the ferrets. The husband was the main care
giver. I returned the ferrets to her for a week trial. It didn't work
out for her, but at least she gave it a hell of a try, and loved them
enough to be sure they were returned to a place they would be cared
for properly.

If this woman loves her ferrets, and would like them back, it opens
room for 6 more needy ferrets with no one to take them in or love them.
She may be broken hearted at the whole situation. If you delt only with
the ex- hubby then you may only have one side of the story.

I think you need to start with having this woman come to the Sanctuary
for a vist. I don't know if you know her personaly or not. If not you
need to know her.

If she doesn't offer any type of reimbursment to you for their care for
six months, but you feel comfortalbe with returning the ferrets to her,
then do so, and chalk it up to you did a nice thing for the ferret, by
caring for them in a time of need. You also might have done a wonderful
thing for a woman that loves her pets, but could do nothing to help
them at one time in her life.

I remember years ago, someone doing just that type of thing for me and
two of my dogs. It is something I will never forget. The kindness of
that person, will always be with me.

Sometimes life throws curves we have no control over, and things are
not the way we would like them to be. We deal with it, and try to keep
on going. Maybe this woman now has her life back togeather, and now
needs her ferrets back to complete it.

A visit with her at the Sanctuary will tell you all you need to know
about her. I know it is hard to let go, but sometimes, it is the best
thing all the way around.

REANEE GLADDEN

"SQUEEZLES GALORE"
http://reaneelgladden.tripod.com/squeezlesgalore/