Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 1995 08:15:03 -0500
... much deleted ....
> But, please don't blame the
>officials involved for acting on their limited knowledge.
>I'm sure the people involved were doing what they felt was the best
>thing for the situation.  If you are really upset, then take steps
>to make sure it doesn't happen again.  Don't BLAME SOMEONE for
>something they don't know.
>
>D.E.  Brea, Ca
>(the above IMHO)

You know, this sort of opinion makes me sick.

Don't blame someone for something they don't know?  The hell I won't --
since when has ignorance (of the law; in this case, of the facts) become an
acceptable defense???  I would *EXPECT* that those individuals entrusted
with the health and well-being of both the human and animal residents of MD
(as the public heath authorities supposedly are) would keep themselves
abreast of the latest information & studies regarding IMPORTANT issues
(like rabies) and COMMONPLACE pets (like ferrets), SIMPLY AS PART OF THEIR
JOB.  If they are not doing so (as it would seem from the pointless
slaughter of the MD ferret), then they are failing in their obligations to
the public and should be discharged from their posts.

I don't buy that "don't blame someone for something they don't know"
mentality for a second.  Suppose I break into your house and kill all your
ferrets "but I don't know it's wrong."  Oh, *sob sob* you can't blame me,
now, can you?

Bullsh*t.

- Jenny Foreit, the world's foremost expert on her own opinions.

p.s. sorry if this comes close to metaflaming, but it's attitudes like that
which allow people to get away with murder.  literally.