From:
Sharon Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 20:37:43 EST
To all ferret lovers,

I am still trying to meet other humans in NYC who have just one (or more)
ferret that my Rocky could meet, since he is a single ferret.  I live in
the Village and would prefer to meet other ferrets and their humans in
Manhattan.  I know people are paranoid because ferrets are illegal in NYC,
but we have a new mayor and much much bigger problems than ferrets.  (And
Bill knows I'm not a ferret narc) I take Rocky out in good weather all the
time and most people love him and he seems to like all humans and other
animals--dogs, cats, parrots.  [Yeah, she seems to be for real.  BIG]

But he doesn't have any ferret friends and the one time I took in a rescue
was a disaster, so I found her another home.  I am very space limited and
having two cages even temporarily caused me to have to get rid of some
furniture.  I'm also not entirely sure Rocky wants to share me with
another ferret, as we are very close.  I may try again sometime by
bringing Rocky to a shelter so he can find his own friend.  But my last
experience was so awful: he would attack her anytime he could and she had
been neglected and was skin and bones and slightly psycho from being kept
in a cold dark garage for over 2 months.  Everytime he attacked her, it
set her back, so I could only let them out separately, which was hard
because Rocky has the run of my entire (though miniscule) apt.  all the
time except when I'm not home or asleep.  I kept them apart and fattened
her up and gave her lots of love and found her a great home.

But I would really like to meet other ferret owners and give Rocky the
chance to play with his own kind.  He is one year old today, very sweet,
very smart and verrry possessive on his own turf.

Please email me if you are in the vicinity of NYC.  I don't have a car,
but can take the PATH to NJ or subways to other boroughs.

Thanks,
Sharon & Rocky (the Flying Ferret)