From:
Adam & Lori Garon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 09:39:37 -0500
Our three ferrets play very well together and they do wonderful
re-enactments from the WWF.  However, lately we've noticed a little
change.  We believe that our first ferret, Suzie, is the alpha ferret -
she is always in charge.  In the last few weeks, I have observed our
little trouble maker (Sadie (black nose = trouble) Mae) grabbing Suzie by
the scruff and trying to take her to a hidey hole.  (Sadie also tried to
take my husband to a hidey hole the other night).  We are wondering if the
ferrets can change the alpha role.  Sadie Mae and Suzie are the brains of
our bunch and I haven't noticed this with our boy Sammy.  (he's more of
a lover, not a fighter).  Any insights will be greatly appreciated.  The
girls aren't hurting each other; I'm paranoid about the bizzare sounds
they make when they wrestle, so I always watch closely.  Perhaps this is
just payback for Suzie dragging Sadie when she first came home.... or
maybe our goofballs are reversing roles for a while.

Thanks for the help!
Lori & Adam
Suzie, Sammy, Sadie Mae