From:
Jennifer Henderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 08:34:57 -0500
It is with a very sad heart that I tell you guys my little Skeeter has
insulinoma.  I received the news from the vet yesterday.  Her blood sugar
levels (I hope I have this right) were a 31 when they should be in the
80's.  Her weight has dropped from 1# 10oz. to 1#.  She is literally skin
and bones.  Not eating at all (even Ferretvite and raisins), however she
did take some Ferretvite from me the night before last and this morning.
My vet has prescribed Prednisone.  He says she's not in any pain.
Basically, I'm writing to find out everyone's results with insulinoma and
Prednisone-is there any hope?  I know eventually the time will come to
cross the bridge.  I fear my little Skeeter girl doesn't have much time.
Please, tell me any and all situations you all have been in.  I don't want
my little one to suffer.  Thanks.