Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 00:51:50 -0600
Wolfy, break out the Depends and shoot some this way!  The boys have
created a new game that has me on the floor!

I finally broke down and spent the 20 bucks for the clear plastic dryer
tubing- all 20' of it.  I should have done it years ago!  What a GREAT
toy!!!!!  At first it was just coiled up on the floor.  Still pretty
darn entertaining as the boys would chase each other round and about,
wagging their little tails furiously.  Couple of days ago, somebody
rolled one end of it off the edge of the stairs.  I made the
"ferret-mom-50-yard-dash-sliding-catch" (usually reserved for tipping
glasses and other fragile things about to crash) trying to catch the tube
before the weasel in it crashed all the way to the bottom of the stairs.  I
caught the top, but the loose end went sliding on down.  Out popped a very
surprised little weasel at the foot of the stairs.  The other boys paused
and eyed the now extended tube.  I swear you could hear the little wheels
turning.  Bear raced back up the stairs and shot through the end I was
holding.  Zoom! went the ferret!  Joe was right behind him- a blur of
white as he tucked in the little feet and slid to the bottom of the stairs!
Ringo figured out you could climb back up the stairs in the tube.  He made
it about halfway before Bear shot down from the top and "bumper ferreted"
him.  Oh my!  We've been playing in it for days now.  It's the first place
we go when the cage door opens.  They slide until they are exhausted!  Joe
is still competing for speed- he doesn't brake at all.  Just tucks in the
little toes and shoots out the bottom.  Bear is going for artistic points.
He goes head first.  He goes little fuzzy butt first.  He goes tummy up.
He goes head up.  He goes fast.  He goes really, really slow.  It's the
funniest thing, sitting and watching TV and then looking over to see a
ferret slowly slide down the stairs with his little toes sticking up in the
air.  Ringo and Bear favor a good game of tube "chicken".  They even had a
tag match with poor Joe in the middle.  Even Miesa the Princess got in it
and slid, although she much prefers camping out at the top and preventing
the boys from using it.  Bear got so frustrated with her yesterday that he
grabbed her by the head and drug her out.  They had a knock down drag out
fight and he chased her under the bed.  I guess he won because next thing I
knew he was very proudly swaggering across the room back to his slide.
Silly weasels.  Y'all should see us in the mornings as we stampede down the
stairs for the morning treat!  Out pop four little weasels- zoom, zoom,
zoom, zoom!  (Miesa, of course, is too dignified to slide down when the
boys are watching.  She prefers to be carried down for the morning treat.
On a velvet pillow, if only I would.  It's so hard being the princess.) Oh,
the dancing...

Anne and the Zooming Walendas