From:
Toni Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 May 1998 15:55:50 -0500
I am proud to announce the newcomer to our family.  She is a neutered female
born around Easter.  I named her Scout after the little girl from "To Kill a
Mockingbird" my favorite movie.  I had been calling the ferret shelter, but
never could connect.  We had been playing phone tag for a while.  I finally
went to a pet shop called The Zoo Keeper.  I checked it out pretty
thoroughly.  The cage was very clean, including the litter box.  There was
plenty of food and water and a sleep tube and cat scratch pole.  They had 8
baby ferrets, all different colors and the people working there seemed
genuinely fond of the little critters.  I had a hard time choosing.  I took
Dinky with me and put her in the cage with them.  They all just crawled all
over her and she was very sweet and gentle with the babies.  Scout was
finally chosen because of the markings on her face.  She was one of the
lighter ferrets with some dark on her face, but not quite a mask.  It's as
if she is wearing dark blush.  She's so cute.  Right now she is a little
nippy, but that's to be expected.  They were all very sweet and you could
tell they have been played with and handled and use to people.  I am looking
forward to her companionship both for me and for Dinky.  I knew Dinky had
been a little lonely since my return to work and this should help with that.
Scout was on the bottom level attacking a ball with a bell in it.  Dinky was
laying on the top level looking down at her with a look that said, "Kids!"

Ferret hugs & kisses,
Toni
Dinky(does she have to lay in the food dish when she eats?)
Scout(there's no place like home)