From:
Cris Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 00:58:35 +0100
Wandered into my local pet shop on Tuesday and saw an advert for a
Male ferret free to a good home..... so I made a call and the furkid3
have been joined by Ollie (the name he arrived with) a huge sandy-ish
coloured hob(I await confirmation of correct terminology for his
colouration from wiser souls than me), who weighs in at around the 2
pound mark (but isn't very co-operative on the scales).

Its another sad story of a young ferret that lost his novelty after a
short time and found he was spending longer and longer alone in a shed
only getting out when one of the family could find the time.. but never
getting time out with *his Human*.

Hes around 18 months old so I am told... he certainly is a character,
he dooks non stop when he is out of the cage, and although he seems to
have sorted things out with Chunky (with a few gentle reminders of how
embarrassing a scruff can be if he gets too "heavy") there appears to
be a few issues to settle with the girls, especially Rhoobarb.. I
assume its an age thing with her, shes around 5ish now, and I assume
shes becoming a cranky old lady who doesn't tolerate these young
upstarts that arrive with their head full of attitude... big as he is
hes had a few rude surprises from that little old firebrand.. I'm glad
to find out it's not just me she snaps at..

On the subject of the little white girl that found her way here a few
weeks ago, after much debate and thought I can do no better than call her
Princess Lily partly because of the regal way she conducts herself (is
being a complete sweetheart an albino thing?  I have met 3 now that have
all been really gentle sweet natured creatures) Lily arises because
although she is bigger than Rhooby, she is my sweet 'lil girl..(I wonder
if Skweeky and Custard used some influence from beyond the bridge to send
me a little bundle of love to fill the gap they left behind and partly
because I like the name... she has spirit like another Lily that inspired
some great stories in the recent past, but now sadly is no longer with
us.  Indeed her arrival here was at the end of some great adventure that
she has yet to share with us, although we do know she is an accomplished
tunneller, and the timber on various parts of the cage bear witness to
this!

Our thought to all with sick, lost or angelled fuzzy heart thieves

Cris & (& unkie Lee - reserve hooman)
& the kidz -
Rhoobarb (Biteyweezil)  "Chunky" (Lumpychunks)
Princess Lily (Special Baby) & Ollie (TROUBLE!)

Remembering those who stole pieces of my heart
Custard (Cussieangelweezil) my gentle little joker and daddies
snuggleferret

Bubbles, (Da Warweezil) first ferret par excellence and leader of the
furkidz

Skweek (Skweekyweezil) daddies litle earwashing girl and all round little
madam

Called away from this world to dance with the angels at the rainbow
bridge

--
Best regards,
Cris                             mailto:[log in to unmask]