From:
Danny Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Apr 1995 21:41:01 EDT
I hear they most of the problem with legalizing the fuzzies in CA was the fact
they had little statictical information on rabies shedding and bite information.
I see this as saying they don't have enough information to ban ferrets in the
first place.  I suppose they are following the train of though like the FDA etc,
making sure it is safe before publically approved.  (Although they aren't like
drugs that make a claim to be a cure or somesuch.)  But is this also not a case
of legislating on irrational fears, without any supporting evidence?   If that
is the case, this Big Brother angle scares me more than anything else.  Is my
vantage point all that skewed?

Regarding my experience with lymphoma, since a couple of fuzzies have been
diagnosed:
I've been through it twice.  The first time, I just used steroids.  It didn't
help as much as I had hoped, but then it is not a cure.  Recently I went through
it again, and had a little more information to work from.  I used the
Vincristine/Cytoxin Protocal by Dr. Susan Brown.  This is a chemo treatment that
Bug had virtually no side effects from (but this WILL vary).  As a matter of
fact, she was almost cured, but the cancer attacked the brain stem--this
treatment doesn't get through the blood brain barrier effectively.  Now I was
told this was rare.  (The whole treatment would have cost me about $350 to $400)
The autopsy showed no signs of the cancer left in her lower organs.  The
anethesia affected her more than anything.  But I suppose the extra love and
outdoor playtime she got did wonders for her too.  She was comfortable and
playful up until the very end.  My sympathies to you, because this is a rough
road.

I am also looking for some ferret icons--anybody know where to find some?

Oh, and Buster is bright-eyed and bushy-tailed again.  I still don't know what
kind of infection he had, just glad I don't have to worry about it any more.

Danny Williams