From:
PENE&KIM STEVENS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 09:49:15 +0800
Hi all!  I should be typing this in green!  I have just spent the last hour
on the phone ringing every place I can think of (from hardware to swimming
pool to builders to air-con to washer repairs) looking for 'dryer hose' as
seen here on the net for my fuzzies to run through.  I saw some on a
ferrety web site and the price they'd paid was something under $5..... At
the 3 places I found that had anything like what I wanted the price ranged
from $15.70 to $62.00 per meter (roughly 3ft) !!!!!!

And wood pellets...... The one and only place I found them, they were
$15.00 for a 3kg bag.  Wouldn't last 5 days!!  And then there's the ferret
foods.  I've never seen any here.  The closest I've found is Iams kitten
and that's $32.00 for 3kg.  I know that with the better quality they need
to eat less and therefore poop less, but it's still a huge amount to pay.

I've thought about the on-line places and I can't see it being much
different with the exchange rates and freight to Australia, plus any
import fees or what ever.

The WWW may bring the world closer but only so far!  A bit like looking at
the moon on a clear summer night, you feel like you can reach up and touch
it, but it's still thousands of miles away!!!  {I'm not really as 'green'
as I sound :) I wouldn't want to live anywhere else!  And my fuzzies are
happy and healthy too.}