From:
MR MICHAEL J BERGER <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 1994 19:18:35 -0500
   Date: 02/20/94 07:29 PM

Hello!!
        We attended our first meeting of the Central Illinois Friends of
Ferrets today.  It was fun.  It was also an 82 mile drive, but it was worth
it.  Kathy and Berry Fritz obviously love ferrets, and are concerned about
their status with the government.  And they take terrific care of them,
including some research on a fodd additive that aids digestion and may
counteract the effects of preservatives.
        The two ferrets that we gave C.I.F.F. to adopt out (about 1 1/2
months ago) are doing great--we got to see them today.  Papa Bear (male
sable) reminds me so much of Davey before we got him fixed, with bulging
muscles and lumbering walk.   He is THICK.   Pooh (red-eyed albino, Papa's
daughter) is still very timid, and shakes uncontrollably when held.  Kathy
said she could have very easily become a biter, if it weren't for the
intervention she received.  I feel that they are in good hands.  If it
weren't for her (understandable) policy of adopting them together, we would
have come home with Papa Bear tonight.  He is adorable!  It looks like
someone smushed in his nose and flattened his face.  And his coloration is
very dark, just how I like them. :)
        Both of our carpet sharks got lots of praise today.  Boy were we
the proud parents!! We bathed them before we went so their coats were shiny
and very soft.   Spice especially is very pretty right after a bath.  She
actually surprised us by how well she got along with everyone, ferret and
human alike.  She ran from many a fight, but played with those who were
interested. (Spice was pretty stand-offish and nippy when we first rescued
her.)  Davey was a sweetheart, of course, and came to my lap (read:security
blanket) when he became tired, and went to sleep.  He also slept on
Michael's lap and Kathy's, too. <VBG>
        Wow!! Longer than I thought! One more quick thing--I am going to
collect $$ for the McDowells' with the put-out-a-jar idea.  Wish me luck!!
Eagerly anticipating Spring,
Kelly & Michael, the Ferret Fuzzies and Feline Furries