From:
Rebecca Coleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 10:27:34 +0100
I spent all last night giving her babyfood(veal) mixed with Pediasure and
watching her poop.  She didn't eat much and pooped even less and felt like
she was running a lowgrade fever (she didn't seem like she would be able to
deal with a thermometer in her rear and I was taking her to the vet first
thing anyway.  I got a couple hours sleep and woke back up at 5:00am and
gave her pedialyte.  She would only drink off my fingertips and hasn't eaten
anything.  At 6 I called the animal hospital and beeped the doctor.  He
called me right back and told me to bring her in at 7 and his technicians
would put her on intravenous.  He said they couldn't really do much more
till they got her stabalized and did some tests.  I dropped her off and went
home and cryed myself to sleep (2 more hours).  Then I got up and called the
Dr. who had just examined her.  He said her abdomen seemed painfull and
swollen and he thought she did have a blockage.  He said to call back at
noon and he would have test results (sonygram?).  I will keep you all
updated.

THANKYOU TO EVERYONE WHO WROTE ME WITH ENCOURAGEMENT AND NAMES OF VETS!!!  I
would like to especially thank Joanie Williams who saved Jitterbug from
dying of dehydration.  She put me in touch with Ann Homel of the Bryan Texas
shelter who is AS worried as I am about Jitterbug and helped me get i touch
with Cynthia Hill in Houston who came right over.  Cynthia and her husband
gave Jitterbug sub-Q injections, a dose of amoxicilian and brought babyfood,
pepto, and ferravite in case I didn't have any.  I took Jitterbug to
Cynthia's vet who she swears by.  I'm pretty exhasted and scared, but will
write more later.

Rebecca, Jitterbug and Monkey.

P.S. Keep those prayers coming.