From:
Holderby Amanda K <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 1996 13:51:17 -0500
This weekend I was forced to give a wedding shower for my friend, Kerri.
Neither my mother or I were especially thrilled at the idea of 20+ women
being in our house.  What were we going to do with all those people?  Our
two little ferrets, Willa and Steve, thankfully provided the entertainment
for us.

Mom and I spent a couple of hours setting the thing up while the kids
frollicked about in the living room.  By the time the guests had arrived
(three of which had small children, aged 9 mos.  to 3 years) our two had
gone to sleep under the couch.  45 minutes later, one of the women (with the
9 month-old) gave a yelp.  It seems that Willa had put her cold nose on the
woman's ankle.  Both of the ferrets were awake and ready for some play time.

Everyone at the party was very impressed with how tame and playful they
were.  We, of course, had to explain that no, they won't bite unless you
really provoke them.  And once everyone was comfortable with that, everyone
sat back to watch them try to open the gifts and dance in the wrappings.
One of the women (with an 12 year-old and and 3 year-old) asked me for
advice on purchasing one!  Both of her children were very gentle with our
two fuzzies, and very respectful of their space.  I told her that she should
not rush into a purchase, but if she decided to get one she could call me.
I also directed her to the FML.

It's so great when we can educate people.  Hooray for Kelleen for her
educational endevours this weekend!

Amanda and Willa