From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 06:58:49 -0500
It is with great pleasure I introduce two newbees into my den of antiquity.
Both are absolutely beautiful silver mitts with dark black noses; one is
female and the other male.  Female silver mitt is about 3 years old, and
strangely enough is the color and size of Moose who died recently.  They
could have been twins.  She is only the second ferret I have ever decided
to rename; with her scary resemblance to Moose and her white gloves, I
decided that "Minnie Moose" would be a great name.  Hopefully a name that
would pay homage to a great friend.  PLUS the name is a pun (Minnie?  Mini?
he he he).

The male is a ferret the likes few people have ever seen before.  He is
also a drop dead beautiful silver mitt, with an energy and playful nature
that has actually *scared* people.  He is also the largest male *I* have
*EVER* seen; previous to this boy, the largest males I have seen were in
Bill K's collection of mustelid misfits.  At 16-17 weeks, this guy is
larger (or at least as large as) than Bill's big guys.  At first, I thought
he was a malformed cat.  People who have seen Tui, Silly, G.W. and Carbone
can confirm how huge those big boys are; they are dwarfed by the new guy.
When Meg offered him to me, I suggested "Moose 2" as his name, but
considering the addition of "Minnie Moose," I thought "Mickey Moose" would
be appropriate.  Elizabeth concurs, and since she is the boss, so be it.

I will say it is strange to see such a huge hob, and when picking him up,
feel softer than life kit fur.  His paws are *so* huge!

So welcome Minnie Moose and Mickey Moose into my business of mopheads.
Thanks Meg!

Bob C and 18 Mo' Fab Ferrets