Date:
Tue, 30 Sep 2008 09:16:31 -0400
I had excellent success using Pepcid AC tablets as an aid when
fighting ulcers in the past, and also use it effectively to battle
the occasional upset stomach that we see. Here is what I do:

Take one 10 mg Pepcid AC tablet and dissolve in 4.0 ml of water (I use
distilled water). I then administer 0.25 ml of this solution twice
daily. That is the equivalent of 1/8 of a tablet daily, or 1.25 mg of
the active ingredient Famotidine daily. You have to shake the container
briskly each time before drawing the 0.25 ml because there is some
settling of the dissolved tablet. There are no other active ingredients
in Pepcid AC and it is harmless. Since the tablets are very cheap, this
is something you can try right away and with no real risk.

If you do not know how to administer meds by syringe to your ferret,
you should have a vet or vet tech show you, as it can cause aspirate
pneumonia if inhaled rather than swallowed.

Jeff
In Memory of Neo
Caring for Trinny, Morphy, Baby Girl, Luna, and Dozer