From:
Sharon Traxler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 09:20:07 -0400
Hello and Dooks to all:
I don't post often, usually just have time to read (and that just barely!)
I usually e-mail privately.

I just have to respond to the post by "MC" regarding corporal punishment.

MC wrote:
>"A rolled up newspaper was the answer for my dogs.  A glass of water in the
>face was the solution to my human children.  (Cured all sorts of children's
>'problems'..i.e.: back talking, biting, temper tantrums, etc.)"

EEEKKK!

I, too, adjust the type and degree handling my animals, furred and
non-furred.  I, however, prefer to use DISCIPLINE instead of PUNISHMENT.
There is a fundamental difference between those two words.  BTW - I
recently left my job as a child-protective investigator and MC would have
had problems regarding throwing water in the face(s) as a "solution" with
his human children's behavior.  It is surprising that after the uproar-
over the Letterman incident, that he admits this!

Remember, our children, be they furred or be they non-furred, need our
love, devotion and wisdom to enable them to achieve their potential.  they
do not need abusive punishments to control their behaviors!  -

Sharon