From:
ladyjag08 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Nov 2011 00:13:26 -0500
Bridge greeters please greet my little princess Sandstorm Icklebockien
(little princess) AKA Stormy who left for the Rainbow Bridge Thursday,
November 10th. She is a lovely petite champagne mitt point who will be
searching for Draco Co. Please try to locate Draco Co (our senior boy
who left for the bridge March 5th of this year) and his special friends
Super Tonks and Toast, who are also at the Bridge, so that they can all
be there to greet Sandstorm when she arrives. Draco loved Sandstorm
with a passion and loved to cuddle with her and keep her warm. I
believe Draco has been preparing for her arrival and is trying to get
a special place set up for his special girl. The day before Sandstorm
headed for the Bridge, I saw the most beautiful huge double rainbow
and I think Draco knew she would be arriving shortly. Sandstorm was
our only little girl. She and her brother Blacktail were both rescues.
Sandstorm was malnourished and her teeth were in bad condition due to
lack of dental care when we rescued her and her brother Blacktail. We
converted her and her brother over to a higher quality food and vitamin
supplements and started brushing her teeth on a regular basis a couple
times a week. We noticed a huge difference in the softness of their
coats once they were converted to the higher quality food and vitamin
supplements our other ferrets were using. Sandstorm's personality
blossomed. She was quite a little pistol, when she made up her mind
to do something, she was bound and determined to do it. She was truly
a little princess and the matriarch of our business. She looked after
her brothers grooming them and keeping them in line. Everyone knew she
ruled the roost, she was the queen bee.

Sandstorm's health declined and she got to where I was having to feed
her her soup every 4 hours and then she got to the point where she
refused to eat her soup on her own, so for the last few days I had to
force feed her, which I felt so bad having to scruff her to get her to
take her food. Then she started grinding her teeth because she was in
pain. I called the vet's office that afternoon and made an appt. to
get her in the next day. Our vet said she had a tumor and had fluid
draining in to her lymphatic system and was in a lot of pain. She said
surgery would be risky due to her age which she estimated to be 6 or 7
years old due to her lack of muscle tone. She said she could give her
an IV with some fluids and send her home with some pain meds and give
her something to coat her stomach but she was worried I wouldn't even
be able to administer her meds due to the fact that she was having a
very difficult time just getting her to open her mouth so that she
could take a peek inside. Her prognosis was not good and we couldn't
stand for her to be in pain. We decided it would be more humane to end
her suffering and have her put to sleep. I held her and we told her how
special she was to all of us and how happy she made us and all about
the Rainbow Bridge and that she wouldn't have any more pain and her
tail fur would grow out again and she would get to see Draco again and
make new friends and be in a beautiful place where they could they
could have all the ferretone they wanted and run and play to their
hearts content. I told her that she would even get a pair of wings so
that she would be able to fly. Being our only little girl in the group,
Stormy had lots of things in pink, even a little pink cheerleading
dress. I hope she can get a pretty pair of pink wings with blue
sparkles. The blue sparkles in memory of her brothers. I told her that
we were going to miss her terribly, but that one day we would all be
together again. She is truly missed by her momma and daddy, her human
sister, and her 3 brothers Mario, Luigi and Blacktail.

Rest in peace, Mommy's beautiful little princess and fly high with
Draco and your new friends. I will always love you and will never
forget you, and your sweet little mischievous face. You are truly
missed, and one day we will all be reunited.

Cyndi Houmard
Caring for Mario, Luigi, and Blacktail
In loving memory of Sandstorm and Draco