From:
Blossom Flower <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Feb 2003 12:38:14 -0800
I usually try to keep my opinions to myself about these things, but this
particular article on the FML kind of caught my attention.  I don't
understand why anyone would say that this Valerie girl should get her
ferrets back after she dropped them off at a shelter.  Once she made the
choice to give them up they are no longer her's.  What if she decides
again on a whim that she cannot handle them and gives them away a second
time?  I think it's sad that she now misses them and wants them back, but
unfortunately she made her bed and now has to lie in it and deal with the
consequences.  When someone adopts a child the biolgical parents can't
later go back after the adoption has been finalized and say "Oh, I made a
mistake and now I want my child back." It wouldn't be fair to the ferrets
to keep bouncing them back and forth and risk that this girl will change
her mind again at a later time.  I think it's better to let them adjust
to their new home.  Valerie should view this as a learning experience and
move on.  Just my two cents.  No flames neccesary.  :)