From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:49:50 -0700
I realize responses on this list don't get carried back to the FHL, but I'm
just wondering if anyone else knows anything about this: in the cross-post
from Bob C. yesterday he mentioned that ferrets may be able to pick up
vibrations from the ground through their jaws.  Now, I've had my suspicions
that my Lola ferret is deaf for quite some time-- she's a blaze, so the
genetic probability is there, no response to a whistle, sleeps through a
thunderstorm while Illura is awake with her heart pounding.  Anyway, I've
noticed that she flat-ferrets on the floor quite a lot, more than Illura
does.  Could this be her way of trying to "hear?"

I know Bob C. won't see this himself, but I'd appreciate responses from
anyone else.  I thought it was a really interesting thing to think about.

Rachel and the monsters