From:
Kelleen & The FANG GANG <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 May 1996 03:54:34 -0700
Hi All,

I have to say, at the very least, that I am a very tired and totally
astounded girl after today.  As I mentioned before this was our day to go to
a National Pet Week celebration at one of the Zamzow's stores here in Idaho.
If someone had told me how many amazing things would happen today I would
have told them they were delusional:-).  After all that happened tho it is I
who am wondering if "I" am the delusional one here, LOL.  Here goes;

The Zamzow's stores are the major ferret sellers in Idaho and they sell
probably 95% or more of them.  Today they wanted to get a copy of the Ferret
FAQ and the Medical FAQs and some of our pamphlets on ferrets we made up to
hand out.  The FAQs are so the employees can read them and know what they
are talking about to customers from now on and the pamphlets are to give to
those that buy a ferret.  We gave them about 10 pamphlets and then offered
that they could either join FANG for the $20 yr. fee and get all the stuff
they wanted plus our newsletters etc... and we would even come out and do a
mini seminar on ferrets for their employees, or, we would give them the FAQs
at our production costs and charge a small fee for more pamphlets.  They
chose to actually join!  WE WERE AMAZED AND THRILLED!!  This came from the
top as the CEO was there today and he made the decision.  Now the other
stores are jealous and want to join too so who knows, maybe the other 4 or 5
stores will pay and join as well.<GGG> I want to give them a business card
for each pamphlet they give out so the new ferret owners will be more likely
to call us.  BTW a very special FML friend made us the most wonderful
business cards as her donation to us and they are great!  Thank you special
card Lady!  To top it all off Michelle convinced this store, and then later
two others, that allowing us to put a very tasteful donation can on their
counter was a wonderful idea:-).  Then she volunteered to make them herself
and this is one talented lady at doing this type of thing.

Their CEO even asked me to go to another of their stores where a ferret was
being quarantined because it was returned as a biter and assess it's
behavior.  A biter ya right, it was only 10 weeks old or less and never bit
me once as I handled her, kissed her, moved her around a lot, etc... She
obviously was doing nothing more than NORMAL kit nip playing behavior when
she did what they called "biting".  Dingbat David did decide tho to bounce
this toy he had with him at her face while I held her on my neck & shoulder
and as she reached to bite the toy she caught my finger.  A tiny ouch but no
biggie at all, not even a mark.  I was surprised & honored that the CEO
thought so much of me and our shelter/club that he would ask for my
"professional" opinion.  And after he had only spoken to me for 5 minutes
tops!  Made my day I tell ya!

Also the store manager's wife who has 3 ferts of her own also joined today.
We were red hot as far as Zamzow's people were concerned.

I raffled off two baskets of goodies worth $55 each (not my cost of
course<G>), one for doglets and one for ferrets or cats, and after deducting
my cost we made a $25 dollar profit on those.  Funny how there was nearly 3
times as many entries for the doglets than the fert/cats, until David bought
$20 worth for the fert one that is<GGG>!  BTW, he did win it.  Got a few
names of people wanting to adopt and a fair amount of people that took home
the info. on joining.  We educated a lot of people on our beloved fuzzy's
and replaced wrong and harmful info. with true and good info..  We changed
a lot of minds out there I tell ya!  I owe that totally to Fang,
Rockadoodle, Bobo and our member Michelle's little 10 week old girl Keija.
They were the BEST of ferret Ambassadors and I am such a very proud Mommy
right now I could just burst!

One of the absolutely best things to happen tho was that two animal rescue
organizations in that county came up to us and said they felt very
uncomfortable in handling ferrets without the needed knowledge and so they
are going to hand over any that come to them now to us for proper adoption!
I guess they get quite a few.  That one made my day even more than Zamzow's
joining....Hooray!

I need to send out extra special THANKS to my MOM (Who did 1/2 the
preparation work, made F.A.N.G.  a really snazzy sign & and was there
helping all day),and Michelle & David who spent the whole day there as well.
Especially Michelle who used EVERY tactic in the book to sell those darn
raffle tickets :-) LOL!  Michelle is the ONLY member that I have completely
and immediately clicked with.  We really remind me of two matching bookends
and it is great to have such a wonderful new friend in my life.  This Lady
jumps right in and is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done,
no matter what, when it concerns the ferrets.  Hmmmmm, Sound like anyone you
guys know?  ROTFL!!  And last but not least, David, who was approached by
Zamzow's, while he was in their store, about the FAQ's and closed the
membership deal for us!  Without these very special F.A.N.G.
helpers/members this could never have been the success it was.  I think
F.A.N.G.  is really on it's way now guys, don't you?  Time for another
ferret party me thinks<GGG>.  Love and good thoughts to each of you and
every fuzzy on the planet!  TNT!

Fang, Rockadoodle, Bobo and Keija at her home :
Wow Mom, what a day!  We were the bestest ferts on the planet Mommy and we
wants MORE ferretone NOWwwwwZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

The rest of the FANG GANG :
Oh no, now they're gonna thinks they is major big shots from now on!
HELP!!  Mommy since they done fell asleep in mid sentence does that means
WE get their ferretone?  After all you left us home all alone all day and
we was lonely and sad and scared and and and and (MAJOR GUILT TRIP ON MOMMY)

*      Kelleen Andrews  &  The FANG GANG!!!!          *
*      President and Founder of F.A.N.G.              *
*      (Ferret Association of Neverending Glee)       *
*      405 S. Orchard   Boise, Idaho  83705           *
*      208-342-7292                                   *
*   I'll take a good animal over a good mate anyday!  *
*   All they want is lots of love and great chow.     *
*         Idiocy is our only option!                  *
*     Dustin Hoffman from movie Outbreak              *