From:
Nancy Herring <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2007 00:39:19 -0500
Cinnamon is supposed to repel ants and corn meal is supposed to kill
them.

On another note, some friends were given a free ferret before their
move from one town to another. When I was at their old house last week,
I went upstairs to see it (where it is living temporarily before they
move) and thought that the room was on the warm side. The ferret seemed
to do a lot of flat ferreting too, so I explained how ferrets can't
handle heat. Now my friends keep plastic pop bottles filled with water
in their freezer and give the ferret a new frozen bottle 3 times a
day. They said that the ferret really likes sleeping near the bottles.
Fortunately my friends should be moved by the first of June, at which
time the heat should no longer be an issue because they will have a
better area in their new home to give the ferret.

Nancy