From:
Selina Siu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 09:10:25 -0500
just curious about the animal communication stuff.  I have to say that it
is something I would like to believe in, although I tend to be skeptical
of stuff not proven scientifically.  (or even those supposedly proven
scientifically, since I'm taking a course on experimentation and learning
how people don't do things properly...).  but trying to keep an open
mind... fairies, pixies, and leprechauns exists unless proven otherwise :)

musing about what would make a controlled study for animal communication...
group of ac's and group of non ac's, stating what has just been fed to a
number of ferrets?  I guess if there is a significantly higher number of
correct answers for ac's, then something is going on..

anyways, I was looking up stuff on how animal communication is done, but
didn't find anything other than brief descriptions and take classes.
would any of the ac's on the fml be willing to share (even anonymously)
how they got started?  I'm especially curious in the experiences of
people who had to develop the ability from scratch.

I have no intention of starting a flame war.  I would think I'm not the
only person on the fml curious to know if animal communication is
possible for them.  and I have an uterior motive, of course... I want
Sprite to stop beating up on Dart and Clef.  Sprite is deaf, so she
doesn't listen to me, and neither of us know sign language, so we don't
communicate so well.

hope someone replies!

also, can anyone recommend any books on animal behaviour?

// Selina, Sprite, Sand, Bear, Dart & Clef
// in spirit - Birch, Dief & Storm
// http://www.cgl.uwaterloo.ca/~ssiu