From:
Shea Anson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 08:21:45 EDT
Hi and kisses to all the fuzzies!

We always say it won't happen to us.......our ferret won't make a break for
it..........well ours did.  It was our own fault really.  We were seeing
off a friend last evening and took Trixie, our 8 month old sable, outside
to wave bye-bye.  We were holding her, without a collar or leash on her,
and she was acting fine.  Suddenly, across the cul-de-sac, a little boy
drags his wagon across the gravel and Trixie freaks out.  She climbs up,
over, and down my husband's shoulder and back and JUMPS on the grass....
running under our deck.  We freaked, running to either side waiting for her
to run out.  My friend Lyn goes inside and grabs the bag of banana treats
(Thank God we got Trixie hooked on those!  Since she was a baby she's loved
banana chips, and if you shake the bag she comes running.) My hubby shook
the bag and out she came, right to his arms.

Guess the sound of the wagon on the gravel isn't her favorite sound.  I'm
just so thankful she didn't keep running and that we didn't lose her!

I love ferrets......but are they known to cause heart attacks in young
owners?  LOL

Shea & Trixie