Date:
Tue, 1 Sep 2009 12:48:22 -0400
That was a very, very sad story Zoo told about the ferret and the
horrible vet. But Zoo, if you are appalled that a vet would charge
$1500 for an ultrasound, I have to tell you that here they charge
$3500!!!

One exam I had at the Animal Medical Center (the first and last) 6
months before Rocky died cost $896!! And they wanted me to come back
for a blood profile that would cost from $250-$500. Oh, and also a
biopsy to see if he had lymphoma, which at his age and condition, I
decided to skip.

And for all I've paid this and other vets, none were very good. Every
one, with one or two exceptions, did or said something that made it
obvious to me that they didn't know ferrets very well. I can't comment
on their skills with other species.