Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 17:24:16 EDT
Hello everyone,

Judith (way to go Judith) has been trying to help get some extra media
coverage of the ferret issue out here and has been talking to some very
interesting sources.  I spoke with the key contact at one of these sources
today and will be sending her some information on ferrets, and the ferret
issue.  But one thing came up and I need some help.  If you have video from
a large and well attended ferret show that is pretty informative, or know
where I can get such a video, please contact me as soon as possible.

In the course of our conversation, I mentioned that ferrets are viewed like
other domesticated companion animals in the other 48 states where they are
legal, and that they have ferret shows (what's a ferret show she asked?).
I told her about judging for color and conformation, and a little about
some of the fun matches and that's when she asked for the video.

Does anyone have a copy, or can make me a copy, of a video of a large, well
attended ferret show so this contact can get an idea about the nature of
it?  I'd prefer a copy since I will have to send it off to her and may
never see it again.  Please e-mail me at [log in to unmask]

If we can get this level coverage (it's a major national investigative
reporting type of show) it would really help!

Thanks so much.

Jeanne Carley
Californians for Ferret Legalization
410 Mountain Home Road