From:
"Kohrs, Kristeen [NCSUS]" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 2000 19:45:20 -0500
Someone asked about our first introductions to ferrets so here goes....

I had a friend who's boyfriend bought her a ferret for Valentine's Day.
Year's later, they were married and living with his two young daughters (4
and 7).  I was visiting and they let the ferret out of the cage.  I never
saw one before, even in a pet store (that I remember).  I thought it looked
like a mink.  The little sable girl came over, tried to go in my purse.
They told me to just shoo her out.  I did and she bit me on my ankle ---
like she was being spiteful.  That was my lasting impression of ferrets
from that point on --- smart little spiteful animals that poop on kids
pillows.  The daughters told me that trick!

Over the next 10 years I worked with two people at two different companies
that each had three ferrets and seemed to be quite obsessive and defensive
about their pets.  Seemed strange to me... Then in Spring of 97, while
searching for the PERFECT pet --- I decided that I too would become an
obsessive and defensive owner of three ferrets.

AND, I have to add --- if I scold Katie for doing something wrong --- she
walks over and bites the DOG on his Achilles tendon!  At least she doesn't
poop on his pillow!

 Kristeen
Kristeen, Katie, Matt & Al