From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Aug 2008 07:18:46 -0400
Dear FML Friends,

Ms. Wednesday here, and I has been so busy takin care of those boys,
I have not had a minute to do anything. Dey arrived so thin and with
awful coats, and NO manners, I just have been having the most awful
time.

Dey knows what the Litter Box is and how we use it. Dey still makes
slips, but Taffy said that is at night at he cannot find it in de dark.
Sometimes I thinks he left his nose in de backpack where he was
rescued. Dey is still learning the science of free fall, and all de
toys ends up in de poop. So, foster Mom washes the toys, and de floor
every day. Some people think we ferrets smell, well, they should be
here at cleaning time. Our beds do not have time to get warm when dey
is in de wash again. Foster Mom dries all our bedding outside in de
sun, so when we gets it back, it brings smells we read for hours.

I am way overdue in thankin' you all, so today, I set the penthouse in
order, and took pen in paw, and I'se going to write my thank you's.

Ahem hem ah ah I'se sorry, I'se so caught up in takin care of de boys I
forgot to say Thank You to the nice people who sent Shelter Mom Alica
some Totally Ferret for us.

We LOVE dat stuff, and Foster Mom uses it to make our soup. We get
soup twice a day with juice from the Islands in it, and a lot of stuff
Foster Mom hides in it. We still love it, and she is a peach to us. We
all weigh more than 2 pounds now, up from mere ounces. All our bones
are in hiding, and we are ferrets at last.

Don't tell Foster Mom, BUT we thought we was ferrets when we got here.
I guess we were, sort of, but we just were not HER ferrets. We all have
sleek coats, and bright eyes, we can run and play, and we have plenty
to eat and drink. We feel good, are getting sassy, and if someone comes
to the door, we are no longer afraid. The two big dogs stand by our
house and with their tails to us and their heads, the business end, to
the door, and do they bark.

The people peek in de door, de big Shepherd jumps up and her ears touch
de top of de window, and her feet are on de bottom of de window, and
her hind feet are on the floor. She sure is tall. Sometimes, Foster
Mom is working, and we used to be worried, but not anymore. We don't
want to get lugged off again, so we would hide and shiver in our sleep
sacks. Now we stand in our house and watch the fun.

The big Shepherd shows her teeth, ALL of them, and the Malamute growls
a deep tummy growl. Sometimes de Malamute jumps up beside de Shepherd.
He is black and looks like a sled dog, but he don't do sleds. In fact,
he don't do snow. He does the wood stove.

Dey is an awesum pair. NO ONE gets by those dogs. We all have a good
dook when we see the people's faces. The people's eyes get wide, the
mouth drops open, whatever dey was thinking, dey change der mind. Den
dey bangs the screen door and runs. De dogs gets down, does a four-toe
paws-up, and we fall over dooking. Yep, life here is good -- and we
feel safe and secure, and thanks to you we have plenty of dinner.

We have also attracted International attention. Foster Mom has a very
close friend, a soul sister, in India she met on her crochet site, and
she sent a pattern for Foster Mom to make up some hammies for us. When
Foster Mom crochets, we help, we keep the ball rolling.

Thank you Bharathi -- we love you. Foster Mom cranks up the sewing
machine and we now have NICE soft fleece hammies to lounge in. You
are so nice to think of us.

Ferret hugs and a Dook salute to you.

Again, we would like to thank everyone who helped Foster Mom Alicia
out. Winter is coming, we have already ordered our coats and they will
be arriving soon. We worry about Foster Mom; she walks around in her
sleep sack, with her legs and funny feet hanging out. You know, she has
no hair on dem, don't they ever get cold? And, what does she do with
her feet, those toes are not good for anything, she has no pointy nails
to scratch with, she cannot climb anything with them, they just hang
there out of the sleep sack and she walks around on them.

Oh well, as long as she can get to the soup jar, we won't complain.

Thank you all again -- we love everyone, and especially those people
with hearts big enough to help those of us who cannot help ourselves.

Dooks and blessings on your day.

Ms Wednesday, and the troubadours, gentlemen in training, Taffy and
Alamo