From:
"M. Taylor" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Oct 1996 11:04:02 -0700
Dook dook, all!

This is a question for any vet or experienced ferret owner out there in FML
land.  I think you could really help us novice new or soon-to- be ferret
owners with the staple food question.

Where we live, 12 ounces of Totally Ferret costs the same as 6 POUNDS of
Iams cat food.  If I did my math right, that means that six pounds of
Totally Ferret would cost $42 more than the same amount of Iams!  That's $3
a day (approx.) to feed a ferret which equals $1,095 a year!

I've heard that Iams cat food is just as healthy, so I will use that for my
fuzzie.  Only one problem -- which formula?  Our local pet store had about 4
or 5 different formulas including cat, kitten, and tuna (of course, I know
that one would not be a good option).  The packages are bags, and DO NOT
list ingredients or nutritional information as far as I could see, but it IS
Iams cat food.  The absence of this information makes it impossible for me
to choose the formula.

I want to do everything right by my fuzzie, so please pass the information
about what formula to use on to me through the FML.  You can eMail me
personally, but if you post it to the FML others can also read the helpful
information.

I was told that it was kitten Iams, but please be more specific as to what
type of container it is in, etc.

Thank you so much!  I'm truly amazed at all the helpful information I have
gotten from the FML.

About Zuchinni: Not, it's not the food!  I saw on CBS Storybreak Special a
shortie cartoon about a ferret named Zucchini.  He was portrayed as a sweet
animal, he even licked his owner.  But what shocked me was that the host,
Malcolm Jamal Warner, was wearing a glove while holding the ferret!  Warner
said "cute little guy, isn't he?" but yet he was holding the domesticated
ferret with a glove!  Could someone please explain this to me?

       <>