From:
Bruce Gaylord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 01:34:47 EDT
Hi,

Fleas have to come from some place and they are supreme jumpers so I
presume the carpeted floor.  My wife before we go married had cats and
dogs and she tried all the flea killers to go on the carpets, none of them
worked well enough.  So Pauline go hold of a old home remedy that I would
like to pass along.  What you use is Salt (NON_IODIZED [it ruins the carpet
after to many applications]) and Borax.  The mixture is 50-50 and sprinkled
over the carpet overnight as long as possible and then the next day vacuum
it up.  WORKS WONDERS!!!  Now we live in the new house and NOW have ferrets
and so far no fleas.

No for concerns I really don't know if the vacuum picked up 95% weather
the remaining 5% would matter.  The cats seemed to have no problems...
and Pauline was doing it before I met her.  About ferrets I don't
know???...... we didn't have them before in the old house.

Bruce